Welcome to the central project resources page. On this page are links to resources produced by the Project Coordination team located in the University of Cape Town.
The resources on this page are organised by the six strategic areas outlined in the design of the ROER4D project:
- To develop the knowledge base of OER researchers in the Global South
- To develop the research skills and competencies of OER researchers
- To demonstrate Open Research by sharing project planning and management documents throughout the research process
- To communicate ROER4D’s findings, processes and insights throughout the course of the project
- To evaluate the operation of the project during the research process in order to intervene effectively when problems arise
- To organise, store and curate project outputs to ensure long-term accessibility
Please click on the links below to access the outputs according to the strategic areas outlined above.
- Deliberating Impact
- Learning to Research Openly
- Research Open Educational Resources for Development (ROER4D) in the Global South
- Reviewing GO-GN Workshop 2 and OCWC 2014 from the ROER4D perspective
- Open Educational for a Multicultural World: A report from the ROER4D project in the Global South
- Overview of the ROER4D project: CILT Brown Bag session
- Overview of the ROER4D project: ROER4D research workshop 1
This section includes presentations on ROER4D’s knowledge-building activities, including the
This section contains the project proposal and scoping documents, as well as the technical reports.
- ROER4D November-December 2015 Newsletter – .pdf
- ROER4D August 2015 Newsletter – .pdf
- ROER4D January-February 2015 Newsletter – .pdf
- ROER4D October-November 2014 Newsletter – .pdf
- ROER4D February-March 2016 Newsletter – .pdf
- ROER4D May-June 2016 Newsletter – .pdf
- ROER4D October Newsletter – .pdf
- ROER4D project map (June 2014 – March 2015) – .pdf
- ROER4D project map (March 2015 – February 2017) – .pdf
- ROER4D project map (March 2017) – .pdf
- ROER4D Participants’ Time Zones table (2015) – .pdf
- ROER4D Participants’ Time Zones table (2014) – .pdf
This section includes selected resources from the Communication strand, including the timezones tables, past newsletters, and project maps.
- Utilisation-focused Evaluation: An Introduction (October 2014) – .docx
- Evaluation of ROER4D December 2013 workshop – .odt
This section contains materials from the ROER4D Evaluation strand, focusing primarily on the use of Utilisation-Focused Evaluation in the project.
Strategy and Process Documents
- Communications and Curation workflow
- ROER4D Editorial Style Sheet
- ROER4D Final Research Report Submission Guidelines
- ROER4D Data Publication Guidelines
- This resource is a working document cataloguing key research on OER, with a focus on the Global South.
- This resource is a working document cataloguing research outputs produced by the Network Hub team.